By Gail B. Slap MD MS
This concise, evidence-based source covers all of state-of-the-art need-to-know info to fast and successfully diagnose and deal with universal adolescent conditions...in a very effortless layout. simply because it is so compact, clinically orientated, and simple to learn, Adolescent drugs: The standards in Pediatrics is a perfect research instrument in addition to a handy reference for perform.
- Includes specified discussions on targeted wellbeing and fitness concerns, universal scientific difficulties, sexual and reproductive future health, behavioral difficulties, and the transition to grownup health and wellbeing care that will help you achieve a greater figuring out of the original wishes of the adolescent sufferer.
- Features a logical, constant bankruptcy structure that is helping you discover the assistance you would like fast.
- Presents ample tables, differential diagnoses, lab values/radiologic reports, treatment/therapy options, and tips on whilst to consult a consultant equipping you for each scientific problem.
- Discusses controversies about the normal of care because of thought-provoking medical situations that can assist you to figure out the simplest plan of action in tricky events.
- Provides highlighted bins that emphasize suitable case reviews, key issues of every part, and different very important details making you conscious of concerns that influence modern day perform.
- Uses a wealth of illustrations so that you can see info extra clearly.
Read Online or Download Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics) PDF
Best pediatrics books
The totally revised new version of assisting kids with health conditions offers academics and practitioners with a connection with health conditions most typically stumbled on among school-aged young ones, together with bronchial asthma, cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, eczema, epilepsy, head accidents, center stipulations, hydrocephalus and spina bifida.
Backed by way of the yankee university of Emergency Physicians and written via a popular workforce of pediatric emergency physicians, this groundbreaking booklet deals a entire assessment of the full-spectrum of pediatric emergencies. Concise, clinically targeted and instantly obtainable, it's the most sensible to be had instrument for successfully comparing and treating a wide-range of lawsuits quite often encountered in an emergency surroundings.
Utilizing findings from one learn specifically, yet together with proof from quite a lot of reports during the last 10 years, over the top Crying in Infancy addresses strength explanations, steered recommendations, and parental reaction to this universal, debilitating challenge. a number of examples and quotations from mom and dad illustrate the publication which deals an important insights into the event of folks as they try to deal with the chaotic disruption that has effects on each member of the family, desperately looking a explanation for the crying and a medication to finish the distress.
- Growing up with autism : working with school-age children and adolescents
- Pediatric Ultrasound: How, Why and When
- Neonatology at a glance
- Nelson Essentials of Pediatrics
- Practical Neonatology : for MRCPCH and Beyond
Additional info for Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics)
Gov/growthcharts). An adolescent with a BMI greater than the 85th percentile is considered at risk for overweight, and an adolescent with a BMI greater than the 95th percentile is considered at risk for obesity. Although a high BMI usually indicates excess adiposity, an elite athlete may have an elevated BMI due to high lean muscle mass and low body fat. Other measurements, such as those described next, are helpful in these circumstances. Waist Circumference and Waist–Hip Ratio: Waist circumference is a reliable test of adiposity in adolescents and adults.
This situation usually involves planning and, as a result, time for intervention. Working through a visual decision tree exposes the adolescent to consequences previously unconsidered. By acting out different scenarios and writing down possible outcomes, the patient might be better able to consider pro-social rather than anti-social strategies for coping with the anger. For example, consider the decision tree illustrated in Figure 5-2. The patient is a 15-year-old girl seen in the office after a fist fight that began when a classmate insulted her mother.
Vegetarianism A well-balanced vegetarian diet can have health benefits, including needed reductions in weight, blood pressure, and serum lipids. It also can increase daily intake of vitamins A, E, C; folate; calcium; iron; magnesium; and fiber. Growth and pubertal development are normal for adolescents on vegetarian diets, so long as adequate nutritional intake is maintained. Understanding the type of vegetarian diet the adolescent follows is crucial for appropriate nutritional counseling. Table 4-6 summarizes the types of foods comprising different vegetarian diets.